Information Technology: IT Database Management/Services
Database Developer - San Francisco 49ers (Santa Clara, CA)
The 49ers are looking for an experienced Database Developer to support the work of all football-related including Scouting, Coaching, Football Administration and Video. This person will help design and implement database and queries for a wide variety of functionality. This role will be an integral part of the development and maintenance of current and future proprietary systems including the scouting application and salary cap database. The primary objectives are to maximize available resources, eliminate redundancies and enhance the analytic work of all these groups.
QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB FUNCTIONS
Minimum qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, database administration, data analysis, statistics, mathematics or a related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in data management, ETL, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated expertise in database development including complex SQL queries, stored procedures/functions, schema design, Entity-Relationship mapping and database scalability.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Access and Excel.
- Experience with OLAP technologies, architectures, and design principles with specific emphasis on Microsoft Analysis Services and MDX.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a part of a team.
- Problem analysis and resolution skills.
- Strong analytical mindset and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills and a strong work ethic.
- A commitment to effective documentation of your work.
Additional expertise in any of the following areas would be immensely helpful:
- Experience with football-specific data sources such as scouting systems, the NFL Management Council website, NFL Vision, XOs, NFL Insight, NFS and third-party statistics services.
- Knowledge of professional football with a desire to understand the intricacies of the NFL Salary Cap and scouting process
- Meaningful professional experience with and a willingness to use any of the following: Python, Ruby, PHP, Java, Visual Basic or similar languages. Technical flexibility and the ability to learn new technology stacks will be very useful.
- Construction of web apps with any of the common frameworks such as Rails, Django, etc.
APPLICATION AND ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
To apply for this position go to www.49ers.com and click on the Employment link at the bottom of the web page. No phone calls or emails please. On your cover letter please make sure to address how your education and/or experience prepare you for the functions of this position.