Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Senior Financial Analyst - Forty Niners Football Company (Santa Clara, CA)
The San Francisco 49ers are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated Senior Financial Analyst to join our Finance team. The Senior Financial Analyst will be expected to interface regularly with the Accounting Team and various department heads. This role reports to the Director of Finance.
- Assist with the annual operating and capital budget preparation process
- Prepare and analyze post-event financial summaries for both NFL and non-NFL events
- Analyze monthly departmental operating expense reports
- Proactively investigate unusual balances, variances, and fluctuations with departmental heads and/or Accounting team
- Make recommendations to improve the quality and relevance of financial information
- Build ad hoc financial reports as needed for management analysis
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or equivalent required. MBA a plus
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced modeling and Excel skills
- General ledger and budgeting software experience required; Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and/or Anaplan experience are a plus
- Collaborative style and track record of building positive working relationships at all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, well organized, with the ability to manage a variety of recurring finance responsibilities
- Ability to work in a high-energy environment and deliver within tight deadlines
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- What ERP software (e.g. Oracle, Great Plains) and planning and budgeting software (e.g. Anaplan, Hyperion) do you have experience with?
- What is your total compensation expectation?
The San Francisco 49ers is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or able-status.
Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Staff Accountant - Forty Niners Football Company (Santa Clara, CA)
· Financial Reporting:
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with preparation and review of month-end financial package.
- Assist with preparation of the annual financial statements and related reporting requirements.
- Analyze and interpret financial data, looking at trends or concerns.
· Fixed Assets:
- Identify and prepare monthly transfers/disposals of assets.
- Identify and prepare asset additions for posting; includes appropriately classifying asset types and determining useful life per GAAP and company policy.
- Run all monthly Asset Reports (Disposal, Additions, Transfers, and Adjustments) on a Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Basis.
- Partner with FP&A team during month-end close to ensure accuracy and completeness of departmental assets/expenses.
· Other Responsibilities:
- Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Prepare audit schedules and assist with the external audit process.
- Perform various other administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP; public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience with Great Plains accounting system or equivalent preferred.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Professional sports team experience a plus.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong customer service and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed.
- Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.