Current available jobs in Administration:
The 49ers Museum Presented by Sony is currently looking for Museum Docents to join its team. This part-time position is based in Levi’s® Stadium and requires the ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends and holidays.
The 20,000 square foot 49ers Museum is a state-of-the-art facility that values education, innovation and the celebration of the team’s rich history. It features 11 galleries, including the Edward J. DeBartolo Sr. 49ers Hall of Fame, the Bill Walsh Innovation Gallery and the Denise DeBartolo York Education Center.
The ideal Museum Docent is energetic, professional and dedicated. Docents help ensure the Museum’s guests have the most positive and enjoyable experience possible, and are responsible for the following duties:
· Enhancing the guest experience by personally connecting with visitors to the Museum and providing information, assistance and any other service necessary to improve a visit
· Leading guided tours through the Museum
· Supporting daily operations of the building in any way necessary
· Working in tandem with the Guest Services Representatives to manage guest flow, answer questions and provide information
· Performing opening and/or closing duties as assigned
· Staffing and executing special events within the Museum
Museum Docents will combine these duties with overall support of all areas of the Museum’s operation. Docents will bring extraordinary energy, professionalism and creativity to the 49ers organization on a daily basis and embrace the Museum’s mission, values and imperatives.
· Passion for the 49ers Museum experience and brand
· Working knowledge of 49ers team history and current team
· Ability to work 25-29 hrs./wk., flexible schedule
· 2+ years demonstrated experience in guest service
· The ability to come to work every day with incredible energy for the job
· Strong work ethic; dedication to the values of transparency, diversity, and inclusiveness
· Strong communication skills
· Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member
The 49ers Museum is seeking qualified part-time, Museum Educators to assist the museum education department in various capacities: leading visiting school groups, assisting with education programs to local schools during the day and after-school, working with visitors in exhibits and workshops, and representing the 49ers Museum at educational events. Successful candidates are dependable, energetic, self-motivated, like working with people of all ages, possess excellent verbal and written skills and have the flexibility to work weekend, holiday and early evening hours if necessary. The ideal candidate will love the game of football, is passionate about education, and desires to provide quality museum experience for visitors.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
-Assist with planning and set-up of educational events and activities, including preparation of materials
-Present 49ers Museum education tours/workshops in English and Spanish to student groups and visitors.
-Facilitate programs to a variety of audiences: school-aged and family audiences
-Create and maintain positive relationships with Museum visitors
-Maintain and organize supplies needed for programs activities, demonstration and exhibits re-supply
-Help train and support docents and interns in Museum activities
-Research information for upcoming education programs and assist with other education and Museum events
-Required to gain a working understanding of the educational STEM concepts behind the game of football
-All 49ers Museum staff members are expected to answer phones, interact with visitors, and assist with various projects as needed. Through the course of routine activity, education staff may also aid other Museum staff in various tasks
-Assist in completing the office duties associated with this department
-Additional duties as assigned
Required Skills & Abilities:
-Passion for the mission of the 49ers Museum
-Ability to work enthusiastically, respectfully, and professionally with a wide variety of audiences
-Public speaking skills and experience working in group settings
-Excellent organizational, written and communication skills
-Ability to work independently on assigned tasks, seeking help as needed
-Demonstrated commitment to customer service and team work environment
-The ability to work a flexible schedule
-Bachelor’s Degree in Education preferred/ or pursuing a BA-BS degree/ or equivalent experience
-1 year of related work experience
-Experience working with school-aged children and the general public in a learning environment
-Experience with Microsoft Office and a desire to learn new technology as needed
*This position is not eligible for relocation
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What is your salary requirement?